LaunchBox Community Forums

Image Issue

moudrost

I have reinstalled LaunchBox a few times over the years and never had this issue before.  I started with the latest version of MAME 221 with all ROMs fully scanned and showing perfect.  I have a EmuMovies membership.  Installed 10.15 of LaunchBox.  I have my original install of LaunchBox in another directory and things look fine there.  In my original install, if I right click on 720 for example, I am given a bunch of variations I can launch.  The new install doesn't show the other variations so maybe that is the problem?  If I download images and media from the edit game window, it acts like it downloads dozens of files but nothing ever shows up.  Any idea what i'm missing here?  The image directory is about 1GB larger on the new install than on the original with more files so it would seem the data should be there.  I have flipped through the various image groups and have the same problem in all of them.

720.png

edit.png

Did you use the MAME fullset importer? Did you uncheck import clones by any chance?

720 shows images for me just fine, and i also have the clones in the right click menu.

image.thumb.png.c6793e52b7df423749c18858f1a9a61c.pngimage.thumb.png.b5df9fb934f85e1eb0941f360d7e3477.pngAlso what image type do you have your Arcade platform set to show, and have you checked your image priorities to make sure that "Advertisement - Front" is also set to show as Arcade games dont have actual boxes for the most part and have a image category of "Advertisement - Flyer".

I have clicked on and refreshed just about everything I can think of that is related to images.  That symbol had to have come from one of the imports (LaunchBox Game DB or EmuMovies).  I have touched nothing in any of the directories or renamed anything manually.  In my original install, the file name looks exactly as yours does.

I had upgraded my original install to the latest version, but the gap between when I last managed my games was pretty large so I wanted to start fresh.  If I had to guess, 30% of the images appear to be missing.  10 yard fight is another one where the flyer seems to be there, but not appearing.

image.thumb.png.ad9132de2fdc42f5fbbb85e62bccb590.png

The images from my working install have slightly different names.

image.thumb.png.09b2c8322dc6d1c6944b5d0f970d6e17.png

I decided to start over once more and deleted LB directory and reinstalled.  I am using the MAME Arcade Full Set option again and the directory is looking better already.

image.png.6bcd70b669d724ba7981f89c4951f20d.png10 Yard Fight has a name that matches my working directory so I'm at least hopeful.

720 doesn't have the degree symbol either.

image.png.56505018493837bdce22b0611a299f68.pngThis most likely won't finish for quite a few hours, but I'll report back when its done.  No clue why it seems to be working this time.  Those were some very specific naming issues.