LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with N64/Retroarch

Bashyman

Morning all,

I'm having a problem trying to get N64 working via retroarch and launchbox. I've D/L the mupen64plus core in retroarch and added the n64roms successfully setting up the emulator as retroarch. It doesn't work. I've gone into associated platforms section and it says alongside the N64 that it's missing the core files. I tried removing the core in retro arch and reinstalling, I've tried updating core info files and databases but it's still not working, still says missing core files. The game does nothing and refuses to load. I've also tried abandoning the retroarch for the games and using project 64, but my wireless xbox one controller isn't recognised.

Please help

Edited by Bashyman
added some text

in the associated platform does the default core name that LB assigned match the core you downloaded sometimes core names will change slightly.  click in the field where it says the core name and then use the drop down to match it with the specific core you have

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

in the associated platform does the default core name that LB assigned match the core you downloaded sometimes core names will change slightly.  click in the field where it says the core name and then use the drop down to match it with the specific core you have

that was it. I selected the next one down Mupen64plus next and it works fine. Cheers mate

• Like 1