LaunchBox Community Forums

Split NES and Famicom games

adamtoth

Hi everyone, my NES rom set I have is a multi region set, with Famicom/Japan-only release games included. I'd like to split out the Famicom games into their own platform, so that I can have consistent cart images for all the NES games. What is the best way to do this? I'm currently storing the roms all in one single folder on my NAS, and pointing Launchbox to that folder, but keeping all the images and media in the Launchbox folder. I don't see an option to multi-select games in LB and "Move to new platform". What would be the best way to accomplish the move and rescrape everything as Famicom?

3 minutes ago, adamtoth said:

Hi everyone, my NES rom set I have is a multi region set, with Famicom/Japan-only release games included. I'd like to split out the Famicom games into their own platform, so that I can have consistent cart images for all the NES games. What is the best way to do this? I'm currently storing the roms all in one single folder on my NAS, and pointing Launchbox to that folder, but keeping all the images and media in the Launchbox folder. I don't see an option to multi-select games in LB and "Move to new platform". What would be the best way to accomplish the move and rescrape everything as Famicom?

Edit the platform via tools/audit this platform name, sort the list by region, find and highlite all the Japan region games, right click and click edit, choose platform in the first dropdown, then in the second pick a new one from the dropdown, or type your own into the empty box.

image.thumb.png.47e9ac13b70d15cde11ddc73c70ea620.png