LaunchBox Community Forums

Overlays in Platform screen

Scooby1

Hey guys,

I have Bigbox setup using the Unified Redux theme. Once I select a Platform/emulator, I then see overlays for each game in that Platform, which looks great.

I don't have any overlays when I'm scrolling through the Platforms however. I just see the Platform logo on my wheel and a full-screen video of a game from that Platform.

How can I get and setup overlays for Platforms and use with this theme? In the "Manage Themes" section in BB options, I see overlays are being used for Platforms with this theme..I just don't know how to download and set them up.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 hour ago, Scooby1 said:

Hey guys,

I have Bigbox setup using the Unified Redux theme. Once I select a Platform/emulator, I then see overlays for each game in that Platform, which looks great.

I don't have any overlays when I'm scrolling through the Platforms however. I just see the Platform logo on my wheel and a full-screen video of a game from that Platform.

How can I get and setup overlays for Platforms and use with this theme? In the "Manage Themes" section in BB options, I see overlays are being used for Platforms with this theme..I just don't know how to download and set them up.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I do not believe platform view for Redux has overlay like you see in games view where the video plays inside a window with static border and background. It plays a fullscreen platform video. What you might be seeing is an actual fullscreen video which has a theme style overlay in the video. For example this image from the Redux thread is a fullscreen video. The console, Mario/Yoshi and SNES logo are all part of the actual video.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 10.37.05 PM.png

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where I can download videos like this so that Mario is part of the full screen videos and then similar overlay-looking videos for the other Platforms?

If not, which other Bigbox themes do you recommend that are similar to Redux but also have overlays for the Platforms?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Scooby1 said:

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where I can download videos like this so that Mario is part of the full screen videos and then similar overlay-looking videos for the other Platforms?

If not, which other Bigbox themes do you recommend that are similar to Redux but also have overlays for the Platforms?

Thanks!

In Launchbox Tools/download platform/playlists videos. The specific style in the image retro posted is the "Unified style" so you can use the "preferred" dropdown at the bottom of the window to choose that style.