LaunchBox Community Forums

Import 2 roms and get 3 roms in games folder?

BitzthatByte

Hi, i'm new to launchbox and noticed when importing some ROMS of the same game, different versions.

example  

Rom Name (JU)  [!]  &  Rom Name (E)  [!]

When i do this, sometimes i get 3 ROMs imported into the games folder and end up with...

Rom Name (JU)  & Rom Name (E)  [!]  & also a third rom thats labled with -1 at the end..   Rom Name (JU) -1

could somebody clarify if this is correct or am i doing something wrong. just not understanding why im getting the 3 roms

thanks in advance for any insight.

Either when importing you chose the option "combine games of the same name", then it will only give you one entry and by right clicking you can chose to run the version you want. 

Or once in LB, if you have all 3 of them displayed, select them, richt click, and chose "combine selected games".

On 6/30/2020 at 4:53 AM, BitzthatByte said:

Hi, i'm new to launchbox and noticed when importing some ROMS of the same game, different versions.

example  

Rom Name (JU)  [!]  &  Rom Name (E)  [!]

When i do this, sometimes i get 3 ROMs imported into the games folder and end up with...

Rom Name (JU)  & Rom Name (E)  [!]  & also a third rom thats labled with -1 at the end..   Rom Name (JU) -1

could somebody clarify if this is correct or am i doing something wrong. just not understanding why im getting the 3 roms

thanks in advance for any insight.

Are you having Launchbox move the roms during import? The only time I have seen LB add a -01 to a rom file is when someone chooses the option to "move" the rom into the LB games folder structure and they for some reason already had a version of the rom in the LB games folder.