LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 2 & 3 steering wheel config help

Cnelson575

So I’m new and having a hard time figuring out how to configure my steering wheel with Model 2 and 3. With Model 2 it is also strange because when I click on the steering, brake and accelerator check boxes then double clock to configure the entire emulator window goes away(crashes ). 

with Model 3 under the racing tab I just honestly do not know what to do. I know I’m configuring player 1 but do not know what goes where under button 1 and 2 columns. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

4 hours ago, Cnelson575 said:

So I’m new and having a hard time figuring out how to configure my steering wheel with Model 2 and 3. With Model 2 it is also strange because when I click on the steering, brake and accelerator check boxes then double clock to configure the entire emulator window goes away(crashes ). 

I’m away from the computer to check, but with m2emulator, if it sees your steering wheel when you click the box for analog controls, there should be a pull down menu to choose the pedal/wheel. You don’t double click.

Not sure what tab you are talking with Model3. Are you using a GUI, and also what version are you running. Supermodel3 controls are set passing the —configure-inputs command. 

On Model 2 it says to click the checkboxes for steering brake and accelerate and then you double click and it opens a box that has a drop down where it should see your wheel to choose. My issue is as soon as I double click to get that next window with the drop down it crashes. I read something about M2 crashing if you have a lot of usb connections.

I will check on the Model 3 Supermodel version but it has a GUI where under controls there are 4 tabs basic, gun, race and other. Then when I go under race it has columns button 1 2 3.. I will take a pic when I get home.

6 hours ago, Cnelson575 said:

On Model 2 it says to click the checkboxes for steering brake and accelerate and then you double click and it opens a box that has a drop down where it should see your wheel to choose. My issue is as soon as I double click to get that next window with the drop down it crashes. I read something about M2 crashing if you have a lot of usb connections.

Yup, checked when i got home and you do double click first. If you temporarily rename the CFG folder, does the problem still happen?

7 hours ago, Cnelson575 said:

I will check on the Model 3 Supermodel version but it has a GUI where under controls there are 4 tabs basic, gun, race and other. Then when I go under race it has columns button 1 2 3.. I will take a pic when I get home.

Definitely not familiar with that GUI, possibly the old version?

13 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Yup, checked when i got home and you do double click first. If you temporarily rename the CFG folder, does the problem still happen?

Definitely not familiar with that GUI, possibly the old version?

I will have to check that with Model 2.

My Model 3 version is Supermodel v0.9 build 134 

2D0C82F7-FB8C-4A74-AF23-F404E8070B3A.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Cnelson575 said:

I will have to check that with Model 2.

My Model 3 version is Supermodel v0.9 build 134 

2D0C82F7-FB8C-4A74-AF23-F404E8070B3A.jpeg

I've never seen that version, might be really old. You want to be using one of the SVN releases for a much better experience. I think the current release version is SVN-791 and there is an experimental version SVN-803 which has some sound improvements. The SVN versions don't have a GUI, but there is a GUI called Sega Model 3 UI which you can find on arcadecontrols.com forum.

19 hours ago, Kiinkyfoxx said:

I have found that Model 2 emulator can crash if you have too many controllers attached whilst trying to configure things. 

Is it just the wheel you have attached at the time? 

It is a custom arcade with a pc. I unplugged several usb devices and still crashes 

5 hours ago, Cnelson575 said:

It is a custom arcade with a pc. I unplugged several usb devices and still crashes 

I have a ton of USB devices and no issues.

Since you got this pre-configured, makes me wonder how old the m2emulator version you have is too.

I would suggest downloading the latest, v1.1a, and running that from a new location. (Never heard if you tried renaming the CFG folder from above) 

Here is the Model 2 Emulator site. It's not technical and has a GUI still.

8 hours ago, Cnelson575 said:

Everyone else I have asked tells me different config s so I’m totally lost.

Well, if we aren't all on the same page and talking about the same versions, this is bound to cause problems.