LaunchBox Community Forums

Not Opening - Fresh Install On A New Machine

crimsonnight

I'm having the issue on my Razer Blade Stealth (Late 2019 Edition). It shows it as 'Initializing' for around 10 seconds before just closing. The dependencies are all installed and no issues with SFC /scannow. I also don't have Riva Tuner installed and have tried reinstalling LB. What's my next step? Cheers

Edited by crimsonnight

Usually if it crashes on initializing, it's having some kind of issue extracting and writing the necessary files. It could be disk corruption, could be a permissions issue, or an app conflict. So first off, try closing any background apps, including anti-virus. Then try chkdsk to see if you have any disk issues. Then try deleting the ThirdParty folder and then re-installing over top.

36 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Usually if it crashes on initializing, it's having some kind of issue extracting and writing the necessary files. It could be disk corruption, could be a permissions issue, or an app conflict. So first off, try closing any background apps, including anti-virus. Then try chkdsk to see if you have any disk issues. Then try deleting the ThirdParty folder and then re-installing over top.

Thanks for getting back to me :) Is the issue maybe that it's on a network drive? I've switched my desktop for a laptop + eGPU + NAS combo - unfortunately I don't really have any space left on my laptop's SSD so I'm keen to keep it all on the NAS if I can...
It's a new disk that I ran a check on a couple of weeks ago and there are no issues with it.

I'll start by closing MalwareBytes, Razer Cortex etc though.

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

MalwareBytes is probably the problem. That software has been a nightmare for us in the past, and in my personal opinion it's garbage because of all of the false positives.

I had tried adding the LB to the exceptions previously. Still getting the issue though after shutting all extra software down, removing the suggested folder and reinstalling

Got it working - just posting to help anyone with a similar issue in the future. Turns out it was the network drive, no issues at all running LB from my local drive (which surprised me as I haven't encountered any issues running other (portable) programs from a mapped drive yet).

The way I got around it was by installing LB on my C drive, copying it over to my mapped drive, then creating a symbolic link on my C drive to the LB folder on my mapped drive. Just in the process of copying all my data over from my previous LB installation on my old machine :)

• Like 1