LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade Cabinet Platforms

SteveT79

Getting close emulating most platforms that suit an arcade cabinet.  Anything I missed? 

• Arcade - MAME
  • Taito Type-X
  • Naomi/Naomi2
  • TechnoParrot
  • PC Games - Windows
  • 3DO
  • Atari 2600/5200/7800
  • Atari Jaguar
  • Vectrex
  • XBOX
  • TG-16/TG-16 CD
  • N64
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Nintendo GameCube
  • Nintendo Virtual Boy
  • Nintendo Wii/Wii-U
  • PC Engine SuperGrafx
  • Sega 32x/32x CD
  • Sega CD
  • Sega Dreamcast
  • Sega Genesis
  • Sega Master System
  • Sega Saturn
  • SNK Neo Geo CD
  • Sony Playstation/2/3
  • SNES
  • Atari Lynx
  • Konami Handheld
  • Nintendo DS/3DS
  • Nintendo Game & Watch
  • GameBoy/Advance/Color
  • Game Gear
  • Neo Geo Pocket
  • PSP
  • Tiger Handheld
  • Wonderswan/Color

Depends on the hardware of YOUR cabinet, but if you have light guns, Aliens  Extermination from Global VR is pretty cool and runs well.

Your list is close to what I have except I have a few computer systems. (Apple 2, C64 and Amiga) I only have games that work going straight into the games and work with cabinet controllers. No trainers, or games requiring keyboard to load or play.

I see a couple Platforms you could add.

1. American Laser Games (singe)

2. Daphne

3. Openbor and M.U.G.E.N

4. If your into pinball, Visual Pinball, Pinball FX2/FX3, Pinball Arcade, and Future Pinball

5. Sega Model 2 and Sega Model 3.

Edited by twobucks

15 hours ago, twobucks said:

I see a couple Platforms you could add.

1. American Laser Games (singe)

2. Daphne

3. Openbor and M.U.G.E.N

4. If your into pinball, Visual Pinball, Pinball FX2/FX3, Pinball Arcade, and Future Pinball

5. Sega Model 2 and Sega Model 3.

Ooph missed those :D I do have Daphne and ALG (downloaded the packs from another website for $20, well worth it).  Openbor I have a few titles but could add in a few, it's not a platform right now though, I think I added them under Windows?  Maybe I should separate those out.  As for M.U.G.E.N... not sure, I love fighting games but a lot of those titles just seemed rediculous.  SM2 and SM3 I also missed, have both.  For pinball, I think pinball is probably left to a virtual pinball cab so I've skipped those for now.

I think pinball is probably left to a virtual pinball cab so I've skipped those for now.

I hear you on this and a virtual pin cab would be a much better experience but i have found we still go back to playing Pinball a lot on my Arcade cabinet.  If you have the flipper buttons and nudge buttons drilled into the sides of the cabinet it works pretty well. I rigged up and old car alarm shock sensor for center nudge as an input on my ipac! instead of having the tables oriented in portrait mode i have them in desktop mode with the backglass displaying on the 2nd marquee screen (static image). If i had a dedicated pincab i would for sure prefer that setup but this is a good substitute for now.