LaunchBox Community Forums

Cursor drifting continously to the right

toondrunk

My Cursor drifts quickly to the right continuosly. this is only happening in Launchbox 11.1 as I have tested many other programs. I thought it was my bluetooth mini keyboard and trackpad (worked fine previously) but i have disconnected this and tried with a USB mouse and still getting the same issue. Issue goes away as so as Launchbox is closed.

Last thing I was doing in Laumchbox was updating metadata and images for all systems from EmuMovies.

If anyone has any idea's it would be much appreciated.

****UPDATE****

Now on Launchbox 11.2 with same issue.

I have narrrowed it down to Launchbox\Data\Settings.xml file, but can't figure out what's changed in there.

*****Resolved by following @Kiinkyfoxx instructions*****

Edited by toondrunk
Resolved

This what I have done already done @JoeViking245. I created a clean install in another location then copied everything except the Data folder. I then started copying individual files from the Data folder until the issue came back, which was only once I copied the Settings.xml file. Thanks for advice though Joe it is appreciated.

By any chance have you got vjoy or anything like that on your system and do you have use all controllers (or whatever it is called) ticked. 

Sometimes vjoy or anything that fakes a joystick/Xbox controller can result in this drift issue. If you turn off the use controller part as well to test if it is that. 

I had it with a "Fake" Xbox controller not disconnecting after using other software. 

• Like 1

That's what I figured after I got done writing that. lol

Maybe try pulling a Settings.xml from one of the backups dated prior to this starting and using it.

Do you have any controllers hooked up?  Probably not as you have UseAllControllers=False.  I ask because I know my Xbox 360 controller will have a 'drift' until I bump the left joystick.   (like what K-foxx just said)

(Just a thought.  I'm no expert, merely and end-user with.... well.... thoughts. :))

• Like 1

Worst thing is I don't have backup as I have never had an issue and only just deleted all the backups as there was loads and fancied a clean up (Incredibly first backup is dated after issue started ?). In regards to controllers, I didn't have any hooked up before and after the issue started. I have however just plugged in a new USB Hub and this is when this started when I think about it, so I'm thinking maybe it is faking some kind of controller but issue continues after unplugging the new hub so I'm not sure.

If you go to Game Controllers in Windows (type joy.cpl in search bar - apologies as I expect you already knew that) are there any controllers showing up whilst this drift is happening in LaunchBox?

Looking at the xml you do have EnableGamePad as true - so I wonder if making this false would stop LaunchBox thinking a controller is attached (even if there isn't) which might stop the drift.

Again pure guess work on my part and can only go by the issue I had when Windows kept thinking I had a controller attached when I didn't and because nothing was attached it took joystick 1 position which meant LaunchBox saw it even with Use all Controllers off, and therefore caused drifting, as soon as I alt+tabbed out of LaunchBox the drifting would stop and then restart as soon as gave LaunchBox focus again.

Edited by Kiinkyfoxx
  • Game On 1