LaunchBox Community Forums

No extract rom before running?

erling1000

Hi...

I’m trying to get Retroarch and Launchbox to work together.

MAME and Future Pinball I have working in Launchbox outside Retroarch.

For consoles like GBA and SNES: My roms are zipped (*.zip). I have checked Extract roms before running-option.

When I run a game it only opens if the rom I imported is unzipped. Zipped roms doesnt open. (After that I tried to import unzipped roms and they work).

What should I check?

I followed the updated youtube tutorial on retroarch and launchbox.

Greetings ?

You shouldn't have to check the "extract" ROMS before running option if using RA (and with most emulators) regardless of if it is zipped or not. LB will manage zipped or not.  I would try with that option unchecked.  Other than that may try re-zipping the files to make sure not an issue with the archive. 

Thanks sundogak. ?

I tried unchecking the option Extract rom archives before running, but it still didn't work.

I then deleted both platforms, GBA and SNES.

Then I imported roms again, for GBA and then SNES.

It worked, I could open all roms I tried to open.

But when I closed Launchbox and opened again, it wouldn't open zipped roms.

That is funny... when I import them they work, but after Launchbox is closed and reopened, nothing happens when I try to open zipped games in Launchbox via retroarch.

In retroarch, they work, when I open it outside of Launchbox, so I guess its a LB issue.

But what?

?

Edited by erling1000

With it working after a fresh import and then not after closing LB and reopening it has me wondering about data in your \Data\Platform folder. That folder should only contain a single xml for each platform you have. Is there any chance you have backups of those xml files in the folder as well? 

Hi Retro808

When I looked in the folder, there were no copies. But I saw that the xmls were renamed like I renamed my platforms.

Nintendo Game Boy Advance I renamed to GBA and Super Nintendo Entertainment System to SNES.

And the xmls then were renamed like that too. And then the games didn't work.

When I then deleted the platforms once again and reimported, I didn't rename the platforms (and the xmls are the original names) things worked both first  and after closing and reopening. 

So looking at the folder was right place ?

It seems renaming the platforms somehow prevents unzipping the roms?

Bye ??

Edited by erling1000