LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox x2 button command is exiting games, but not while in LaunchBox - I want to disable it...

cleverest

For some reason, this only happens only in BigBox and I don't want it to...I tested so far: NES games (using Retroarch) and N64 (using standalone Mupen64).

...both will instantly exit a game if I press the Y and B button together (buttons 4, and 2 on my Xbox 360 wired controller), and I don't have this combo mapped in Launchbox, Retroarch OR Mupern64 anywhere I can fin...again it only happens in BigBox, Not Launchbox...where the only exit button I have mapped in Launchbox is pressing L and R joysticks down....that works too, and I want that, but not the Y+B exit in BigBox...

What could be causing this? Makes it hard to play games as those buttons are often pressed together...even by accident...

Edited by cleverest

5 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Did you confirm the button mapping setting inside BigBox does not have that combo? LB and BB have separate settings. Also in BigBox the command for closing a game is labeled “Close Active Window”.

I didn't even know there WAS a setting in BigBox...it must have been added with later versions as I never had this combo-issue happen in BigBox previously...I'll check that, thanks.

7 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Yeah, double check there. It's not something new, it has been a BigBox setting for several years.

Weird...I never changed that, I would have noticed it exiting long before now....oh well, as long as I can find it and fix it, haha