LaunchBox Community Forums

Message or Warning before starting the Game

jacarado

Hello everyone Good evening!

I would like to ask if there is a way to put a warning before running any game to apply any custom settings?

Take for example the game "Burnout: Dominator" from PS2, which uses PCSX2 and in the game, you have to press F9 so that you can run without any problems, and it would be something like this:

"During the game, press the F9 button for the game to run perfectly" (And then there's the OK button where the game starts).

I have already added the extra command "--cfgpath = inis \ BurnoutDominator" that makes the emulator make the customized configuration, but because it is about pressing a button in the middle of the game, I am afraid to forget after a while.

Depends how pretty you want it to look and how much effort you want to put in. 

Ugly way

Could use autohotkey to make a message box that pops up over the start up screen for a short while to tell you what to do and add as an additional app to run before main application. 

Or could use splash text in autohotkey which is slightly less ugly. 

Nicer way

Could make a nice png or jpg image and then use autohotkey to splash image up on the start up screen for a short while to tell you what to do and add as an additional app again. 

Or

Could make the above image, name it per game and then adapt the start up theme xml file for the platform to include the extra image in some position. 

Edited by Kiinkyfoxx

In this case, if I choose AutoHotKey to use PNG and then close, is there a list of commands for me to use it, or if I need to download it as an add-on? Unfortunately, I don't understand how AutoHotKey would work in case of making this warning.

And yes, I prefer the shape of a PNG, which I can customize and leave as a warning if possible ?

and these commands I put in the game properties?

Before we go any further is the need for an OK button a deal breaker? as using the splash image route will just give an image that tells you to do something and then that image will go away after however long you decide to leave it up for

Basically it will look like my image below which stays up for the loading screen duration-however I use method 4 from above as that was the learning curve that I took.

If you want a ok button it would be easier with the message box as that has an ok button on it and can stop the game loading until that is pressed-It imagine it would also be possible to do by making a GUI in ahk and having it set with a background that looks nice and a button that acts as ok to continue the loading

example.thumb.png.349b9af15f5e557b8c7d876cc338de56.png

I did it as follows:

-> I downloaded the "Simple Detailed Startup 1.0.6" theme and put it in the LaunchBox folder
-> I edited the XML with the fields, putting in my native language (Portuguese-Brazil) the fields that were in English
-> The last field I changed to "Observations", where I can put some information in the emulation there, in case you need to do this as shown in the example
-> And I liked it ?

Thanks for the help, giving some free time I will see how you edit more and have an even better quality.

Theme Link:
https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2151-simple-detailed-startup/

Text.png