LaunchBox Community Forums

Xbox Emulation ISO problems

PowerCooker

Ok so i heard that the latest xbox (original) emulators are actually fairly decent at present.

I was up in my loft and got my old xbox games out of storage and wanted to see if i could put them onto my pc and play them via the emulators. However when i put one of the disks in the dvd drive all i got was.....nothing.....

The disks span and span and yet nothing would show up.

I read up abit on the matter and some places said in order for me to get my games OFF the disks and onto my pc as an ISO file that i need to have BOTH my xbox switched on and connected to my pc at the same time + have custom fireware installed on the xbox in order for me to access a menu were i can copy my game files onto my pc..........................

Is that right? is there SERIOUSLY no easier way for me to get my games off the dvd disks onto my computers hard drive in an ISO format an easier way?