LaunchBox Community Forums

Something Wrong With My RAProject 64 Ahk

Cnells2000

I finally have retroachievements for PJ64 working correctly. opening, resetting, and loading achievements but my esc key to exit the emulator is no longer working. can someone tell me what im missing in this script to fix my escape key? thank you. and is there any way to make this look cleaner? it seems like i don't need some of this. i pasted this in the running autohotkey scripts section also if that helps.

THE SCRIPT

; keep this
sleep, 4000 ; how long it takes for a game to launch and go fullscreen (1000=1 second)
; keep this

; if you dont have the "go fullscreen on start" option ON, delete these lines
send, !{enter}
sleep, 500 ; how long it takes for a game to go from fullscreen to windowed by pressing alt+enter (1000=1 second)
; if you dont have the "go fullscreen on start" option ON, delete these lines

; keep this
send, {alt}
sleep, 2000
send {down}
sleep, 2000
send 1
ExitApp
; keep this

; This section closes Project64 when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Edited by Cnells2000

Try removing the Exitapp line. 

I think you are closing the ahk at that point so therefore the Escape part doesn't actually exist.... But i could be wrong. 

Also Process, Close isn't the best option for closing things as can cause issues with some emulators. 

WinClose ahk_exe {{{Startupexe}}} 

Might be a safer way but no promises. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiinkyfoxx said:

Try removing the Exitapp line. 

I think you are closing the ahk at that point so therefore the Escape part doesn't actually exist.... But i could be wrong. 

Also Process, Close isn't the best option for closing things as can cause issues with some emulators. 

WinClose ahk_exe {{{Startupexe}}} 

Might be a safer way but no promises. 

getting rid of the exit app worked but the other part did'nt, i saw in another topic to paste

this script and it worked. thank you for your help.

{
}

vk07sc000::
  Send, !{F4}
  Return

No idea why that would be happening.

What is the name of the RAPJ64 exe that loads up please. 

Basically try replacing 

{
}

With

{
    WinClose, ahk_exe ??????.exe
}

But you need to replace the ????? with the correct name eg if the name of the emulator exe is RAPJ64.exe then it becomes WinClose, ahk_exe RAPJ64.exe

See if that helps

Edited by Kiinkyfoxx
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Cnells2000 said:

getting rid of the exit app worked but the other part did'nt, i saw in another topic to paste

this script and it worked. thank you for your help.

{
}

vk07sc000::
  Send, !{F4}
  Return

What controller are you using and what button/button combo to exit? I am going to assume an Xbox controller and the Xbox button since you have the vk07sc00 script in there. If so you should not need both the Escape script the the Xbox script.

I had not used RAP64 before but just set it up. Other than changing video settings and adding my inputs RAP64 closes without the need for an AHK when using LB controller mappings and any button/button combo not using the Xbox button. I did need to add the vk07 script to use the Xbox button to close, which is pretty common.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Retro808 said:

What controller are you using and what button/button combo to exit? I am going to assume an Xbox controller and the Xbox button since you have the vk07sc00 script in there. If so you should not need both the Escape script the the Xbox script.

I had not used RAP64 before but just set it up. Other than changing video settings and adding my inputs RAP64 closes without the need for an AHK when using LB controller mappings and any button/button combo not using the Xbox button. I did need to add the vk07 script to use the Xbox button to close, which is pretty common.

getting rid of the vk07 stuff did it retro. now it escapes and returns to launchbox. I thank you and kiinkyfoxx for all ur help