LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Naomi video scraping in Arcade and separate platform

Mattardo

I posted in the wrong section...sorry.

I've been using Retroarch to play Sega Naomi games, since MAME does not support it. AS such, I added a platform: Sega Naomi, scraped it as Sega Naomi and everything scraped except videos. I downloaded the videos manually from Emumovies and put them in their Sega Naomi folder and now I have videos. The video name format is based on the zip name, and these are essentially MAME roms sharing the same name.

However - there are no videos scraped for these Naomi games within my main Arcade platform. Even when I import the specific folder Sega Naomi and scrape them as Arcade and specify Retroarch to open, there are no videos. I cannot just copy and paste the videos I downloaded from Emumovies, since the folder for Mame videos uses the name of the GAME and not the zip. Additionally, for some games there are no images. I find it hard to believe that Marvel vs Capcom 2 cannot be scraped for images or videos unless I manually edit the title - and even then the video is missing.

In my multiple attempts to solve this, I now have 2 copies of each game in Arcade (probably because I imported the Naomi folder scraping as Arcade twice with different settings), none with images or videos.

So please:

1 - How do I solve this problem?

2 - How do I remove the extra copies - I think I imported the same folder twice.

Thanks!

Edited by Mattardo
I posted in the wrong subforum

You should have gotten videos from Emumovies with Sega Naomi as platform name.  I have never had to manually copy them.  Same with arcade, if the name is correct and set to correct platform then Emumovies will download the appropriate file. So sounds like something is off somewhere. 

Anyway, if your videos in Sega Naomi are named using the MAME ROM naming convention then simply copy those into your arcade video directory and refresh (F5). LB takes either the title name or the ROM name. So if you have any media already in MAME naming format you can simply copy it to corresponding folder and LB will match any MAME titles with that same ROM name in the media. 

For the duplicates, go to tools and Audit the Arcade platform and you should see in red any duplicates. It will take awhile to audit the Arcade set though since it is very large. 

Edited by sundogak

20 hours ago, sundogak said:

You should have gotten videos from Emumovies with Sega Naomi as platform name.  I have never had to manually copy them.  Same with arcade, if the name is correct and set to correct platform then Emumovies will download the appropriate file. So sounds like something is off somewhere. 

Anyway, if your videos in Sega Naomi are named using the MAME ROM naming convention then simply copy those into your arcade video directory and refresh (F5). LB takes either the title name or the ROM name. So if you have any media already in MAME naming format you can simply copy it to corresponding folder and LB will match any MAME titles with that same ROM name in the media. 

For the duplicates, go to tools and Audit the Arcade platform and you should see in red any duplicates. It will take awhile to audit the Arcade set though since it is very large. 

Thank you for the response and your assistance.

I followed your instructions on auditing the Arcade to get rid of duplicates, as well as copying the videos over - worked great!

EDIT to the following: I had to restart Launchbox and now it is working. Thank yoU! Is there a way to update JUST the videos and manuals for platforms as a whole? EDIT again: Never mind, I remembered your advice and used the audit function to do it enmasse. Thanks again! :)

However, I still am having issues with videos when importing any systems.  I signed up for Lifetime memebership at Emumovies to make sure that wasn't the issue, tested my membership status within Launchbox, and then imported some Atomiswave games under Sammy Atomiswave and scraping as Atomiswave, and everything imported except videos and manuals from the looks of it.  I also have a premium lifetime membership with Launchbox. I tested it with a single Wii game, and then same thing happened - no video or manual. The options aren't even present in the Download Metadata options when manually updating the title.

I was under the impression that manuals and videos are a part of Premium, yet it seems that those are the items not downloading. Arghhh..

EDIT: Never mind to the above - I got it to work. Thanks again!

Edited by Mattardo
  • Game On 1