LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows Defender finds PUA:Win32/Puasson.A!ml threat in Launchbox

logan

Hello, today Windows Defender has found a threat when launching Launchbox. I have attached two screenshots with the details.

Have someone suffered this problem? I think that must be a false positive but for now I've quarantined launchbox.exe

Edit: Launchbox latest beta (23/08/2020)

launchbox_threat.PNG

launchbox_threat_details.PNG

Edited by logan

Hi Jason.

I use the latest beta version of launchbox. Never have any problem since a lot of years usin it.

I doubt my system is infected. I've checked the full system with booth, Windows Defender (updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) with zero problems. I'm very careful with the security and don´t install untrsuted applications. I don't enter in 'estrange' pages either.

It is very weird beacuse the threat jumped not at launching Launchbox but when I was trying to add a new image to a game (when push add button).

I've launched other applications to see if a virus was infecting other exes but all seems normal and Windows Defender does not detect anything.

Edited by logan

It is possible that the most recent beta had a false positive. I'm in the middle of putting out the official release and I'm running into awful issues with false positives, so I'm guessing that's what happened. I'm surprised that I can run Windows Defender and create the EXE without issues, and then later gets triggered, but it is what it is I guess.

Hi again.

In case it helps, I've passed a complete exam from Windows Defender and it detects the above betas as threat:

11.3-beta-12

11.3-beta-14

11.3-beta-15

11.3-beta-16

11.3-beta-17

I don't think so but could be something related to the new .net?

01.PNG

Edited by logan