LaunchBox Community Forums

Need help with automatic multi-disc M3U creation

joelkolb

Back in January we got:

• New Feature: LaunchBox will now automatically create multi-disc M3U playlist files for emulators/cores that support it. You can enable this feature under Tools > Manage Emulators in the Associated Platforms tab. Known Retroarch cores that have m3u support are mednafen_saturn_libretro, mednafen_psx_libretro, and flycast_libretro.

I am struggling to get this feature to work. Currently the only system I am working with that this feature applies to is Sony Playstation. I am using RetroArch with the mednafen_psx_libretro core for PS1. I have checked the box in the column "Use M3U Playlists for Multiple Discs" under "Associated Platforms". I then imported my ps1 games. I have several multi-disc games. My games are in CHD format. Each multi-disc game gets imported as a single game with multiple apps, which I believe is as it should be. However, when I look in the "Games\Sony Playstation" folder I don't see ant M3U files and when I launch the game and try to swap discs in RetroArch it does not automatically give me a list of the other discs that are part of the game. Instead I have to browse for the disc file I want to load starting from LaunchBox's temp folder. I have attached screenshots to show how things are configured and what I am seeing.

I would be grateful for any help in figuring out how to get this working.

LaunchBox_M3U_enable.png

LaunchBox_multi-disc_apps.png

LaunchBox_RetroArch_load_disc.png

35 minutes ago, joelkolb said:

Back in January we got:

I am struggling to get this feature to work. Currently the only system I am working with that this feature applies to is Sony Playstation. I am using RetroArch with the mednafen_psx_libretro core for PS1. I have checked the box in the column "Use M3U Playlists for Multiple Discs" under "Associated Platforms". I then imported my ps1 games. I have several multi-disc games. My games are in CHD format. Each multi-disc game gets imported as a single game with multiple apps, which I believe is as it should be. However, when I look in the "Games\Sony Playstation" folder I don't see ant M3U files and when I launch the game and try to swap discs in RetroArch it does not automatically give me a list of the other discs that are part of the game. Instead I have to browse for the disc file I want to load starting from LaunchBox's temp folder. I have attached screenshots to show how things are configured and what I am seeing.

I would be grateful for any help in figuring out how to get this working.

LaunchBox_M3U_enable.png

LaunchBox_multi-disc_apps.png

LaunchBox_RetroArch_load_disc.png

The .m3u files are temporary and only created when the game is launched and only stored in the temp folder, nothing is edited/added to your actual rom folders.

In Retroarch you need to "eject" the disc first.

So go to disc control.

779744859_RetroArchScreenshot2020_08.24-18_16_25_49.thumb.png.b2ef9028849c1b7c9ce0ea6918e9b874.pngThen eject disc.

292978141_RetroArchScreenshot2020_08.24-18_16.31_08.thumb.png.6b565ccc7fe158bc1eb3f910f1222078.pngThen current disc index.

986198895_RetroArchScreenshot2020_08.24-18_16_35_79.thumb.png.fadb83ae92ea54469b297721cd76dcd1.pngWhich will list the discs.

1319585908_RetroArchScreenshot2020_08.24-18_16_40_39.thumb.png.d8ad5744f973290e296a327095e24ad7.png