LaunchBox Community Forums

Media Imported to Incorrect Game; Removing Deletes for Both

garrett521

I have noticed multiple times, most recently in MAME with game "Guardians of the Hood", LB imports a video for game "Guardians of the Hood" (correct video) and game "Guardian" (incorrect video).  Upon editing the metadata for game "Guardians of the Hood" and removing the video Guardian-01, I have noticed the video is simultaneously removed from the correct game "Guardian" as well.  Then, when I map the correct video for game "Guardian", that video again appears for game "Guardians of the Hood".  Shouldn't it only be removed/added for the game that I am editing?  This happens with images that are incorrectly imported as well.  I only want to remove the incorrect video from the incorrect game.  How do I fix this?  Thanks.

Had yet another instance of this today.  Imported a game called "Platoon" into the American Laser Games category.  Games DB and Emumovies imported images and video for the MAME game "vs. Platoon".  Upon removing the incorrect images and video, the images and video were also removed from the correct title in the MAME category.  Can anyone please assist?

Also, where do these things go once they are removed?  Are they deleted for good?

Thanks.