LaunchBox Community Forums

PPSSPP weird glitch

DeadVoivod

I have a very strange glitch when I exit PPSSPP. Even after updating to the latest version, the problem persists.

The moment I exit, I get this weird black shrouded screen (don't know how to explain it exactly, I can't even take a screenshot), whole screen is covered and everything I open will have the same. I don't see anything, even the taskbar is black. Only thing I can do is restarting the PC. 

hmm, working fine for me.  Can you reproduce the issue by launching and exiting the game directly from the emulator rather than launching it via launchbox?  Is it happening to all PSP games, or just a certain one?  That might help pinpoint if it's a setting in PPSSPP or in LB/BB.

hmm not sure then.  But, if you can reproduce it everytime in the emulator itself, then as you said it's an issue on the emulator-side.  I'd suggest maybe going to the PPSSP discord and reporting the issue on there maybe.

EDIT: Also, make sure you video card drivers are up-to-date, and that you're using an appropriate driver in PPSSPP.  For example, for an nVidia card, you can use OpenGL or Vulkan.  For AMD, use Vulkan, for built-in/onboard intel test to see which one works best, but likely OpenGL will be your likely best bet on those cards (or d3d if it supports it, I don't recall if PPSSPP supports d3d or not.. if it does then for an intel card use that)

Edited by CDBlue

FYI, I ran the same scenario you mentioned above on my system, to see if I could reproduce it with the steps you mentioned, but it exited fine for me.  In my case, I have an nVidia 1060 GTX video card, with the latest nVidia drivers, and PPSSPP is using Vulkan as a backend.... if that helps at all.

Cheers,
CDBlue