LaunchBox Community Forums

2 Games with Same Title on 1 console? (Monopoly SNES)

The T

So something that has been bothering me, is, on SNES, there are 2 completely different games based on Monopoly; one released in US and Europe, and the other released in Japan. Currently, there is only one Monopoly entry in the database.

Is it possible to create another, in order to split these off, so they parse separately? Or is 2 games with the same title on the same system going to not work with the database?

What is the best way to handle this?

27 minutes ago, The T said:

So something that has been bothering me, is, on SNES, there are 2 completely different games based on Monopoly; one released in US and Europe, and the other released in Japan. Currently, there is only one Monopoly entry in the database.

Is it possible to create another, in order to split these off, so they parse separately? Or is 2 games with the same title on the same system going to not work with the database?

What is the best way to handle this?

For the sake of especially media images not getting mixed up (since they are saved in your image folder using the default database name), please make sure the naming is not 100% identical to the other Monopoly entry, we've discussed this in a few topics before about identical default names in the same platform:

Edited by kurzih
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The T said:

Gotcha. So is the preference going to be "[Game Title] ([Developer])"? I had considered "[Game Title] ([Region])" but the prior probably seems more suitable.

As long as it's not the same as the other, I'm sure any of those options would be accepted :)

And if it's from the same publisher (but still different game), then probably (Region) or (Year) would be the next options.
I think what makes most common sense is what you could choose, unless/until we get an absolute database rule on this.

Edited by kurzih