LaunchBox Community Forums

defaulting Centipede to a different version?

CitznFish

I want to have the 2 player version of Centipede as the default version in LB.

MAME runs Centipede Rev 4 as the default version "mame64.exe centiped"

The problem with this is "centiped" (rev4) is broken and has no 2 player option. To get 2 players I need to launch "mame64.exe centiped3"  (For reference: https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=5741 )

In Launchbox I have been messing with adjusting the fields under "launching" but cannot get this to work. Also there are no options under Additional Applications for Centipede. How can I get LB to launch the version I want?

12 minutes ago, CitznFish said:

I want to have the 2 player version of Centipede as the default version in LB.

MAME runs Centipede Rev 4 as the default version "mame64.exe centiped"

The problem with this is "centiped" (rev4) is broken and has no 2 player option. To get 2 players I need to launch "mame64.exe centiped3"  (For reference: https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=5741 )

In Launchbox I have been messing with adjusting the fields under "launching" but cannot get this to work. Also there are no options under Additional Applications for Centipede. How can I get LB to launch the version I want?

I have rev 3 here under additional apps just fine.

image.thumb.png.5a261fcd8b3825a8629537d10124961f.png

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I have rev 3 here under additional apps just fine.

image.thumb.png.5a261fcd8b3825a8629537d10124961f.png

I use merged ROM sets so that will not work for me. I suppose I could just break this one out and re-import, right?  I wish there was a way for LB just to launch the different versions in a merged set. 

image.thumb.png.d00ce5d21fd6e49211f49c532621ff3d.png

Edited by CitznFish

Just now, neil9000 said:

Mine is also a merged set as you can see from my file paths. So i have no idea why the other versions dont show for you, all three set types have all the versions, they are just packaged differently. Did you actually use the MAME fullset importer?

honestly, i do not remember. I may have just used Import Roms...