LaunchBox Community Forums

Can BigBox have a default marquee if there is no associated marquee for a game

CitznFish

I know you do need to name marquee images the same as the game, but I was wondering if anyone figured out a way to default to a single marquee that displays for games that currently have no marquee? It would be cool if BB could default to the platform marquee if the game marquee is missing. 

I am assuming it isn't possible based on how the images must be named, but I thought I would ask.  

Thx

Edited by CitznFish

It is possible but currently only way to do it is code it into the marquee view xml. Even then you have to be creative with the coding as BB by default, when no marquee image is present, will revert to your Box image priorities. Hopefully whenever the next poll comes out updated marquee support will get enough votes. Even if we just got Image priorities for marquees that would be a nice addition to BB.

46 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

It is possible but currently only way to do it is code it into the marquee view xml. Even then you have to be creative with the coding as BB by default, when no marquee image is present, will revert to your Box image priorities. Hopefully whenever the next poll comes out updated marquee support will get enough votes. Even if we just got Image priorities for marquees that would be a nice addition to BB.

I'll keep my eye out for the next poll..thanks.