LaunchBox Community Forums

A little help with Pinball Arcade

GarbonZoni

Hi folks.

I recently got a rip of Plaza Pinball arcade. I've updated it to the latest version i can find 1.70.6. I'm looking to run it through Launchbox and be able to display all the tables in a list so i can load individual tables through it. I understand i need cabinet mode for this and after reading a few posts on these forums i downloaded TPA freemod. Now, when i install the mod and run it, it automatically updates to a version of TPA thats later than mine so i cant point it to the exe. I have searched a good deal and cannot find any further updates for my version of TPA. 

Can anyone lend a hand. i really want to run this and be able to launch tables from a list in Launchbox.

I assume you are talking about the TPAFreeCamMod.  If you are using that then the setup is pointing to that EXE in LB as shown below with the -table command line and making sure the without file extension file name is checked. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.13bbb94e5ac73b4ea679177f405fbe53.PNGThen in the Settings.ini of the TPAFreeCamod you point to the TPA executable.  If don't want the camera part and just launcher, then you can also turn that off in the INI file.

The current version of TPA is 1.71.28, the MOD isn't updating anything. That is on TPA side if sees older version. Even if it is updating, the EXE is still the same and the TPAFreeCamMod settings.ini can be pointed anywhere there is a valid EXE file. If something is breaking a hacked table set then cannot help there.

TPAFreeCamMod is checking the executable to verify proper version since it works by altering code in real time once TPA is launched. So if you have a hacked executable (Regardless of version)  it isn’t going to work with the Mod since it won’t see the code it is looking for.  So will not be able to use it as launcher.  There is another launcher beyond the CamMod out there, but haven’t used it to know if would be similar issue.  

Hi again. Well ive got it working now. i still have to press start when prompted but then it loads straight into the table. Is that normal.  It seems its like i said, as soon as i got a version of the game same as the Mod, worked first time. but you weren't the only one who told me that that it shouldnt matter. the guy who made it says the same. Anyhow, it works and thats great cheers. And thanks for keeping it going till id sorted it. 

saying that, its not the plaza version im using now. could have been their rips.