LaunchBox Community Forums

Best way to reinstall Launchbox/Big Box without losing all your games?

DeeMann

1 minute ago, DeeMann said:

After updating Launchbox, I could no longer open Big Box. Have no clue why or how to fix?  So I may have to reinstall the software.  Best and quickest way to do that without losing games?

Thanks

First i would check whether or not your antivirus has removed any files, specifically the bigbox.dll we have recently seen Norton removing that, and if so tell your antivirus to restore the files ( id also just exclude the whole Launchbox folder from antivirus scans to be honest). If that doesnt work then you can install Launchbox over the top of itself. Just go to Your Launchbox/Updates folder and run the newest installer and install to the same location, this will replace the Launchbox needed files but wont touch your data/images etc. However if it was indeed your antivirus removing files the same thing will just happen again, so that is where you should really look first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, neil9000 said:

First i would check whether or not your antivirus has removed any files, specifically the bigbox.dll we have recently seen Norton removing that, and if so tell your antivirus to restore the files ( id also just exclude the whole Launchbox folder from antivirus scans to be honest). If that doesnt work then you can install Launchbox over the top of itself. Just go to Your Launchbox/Updates folder and run the newest installer and install to the same location, this will replace the Launchbox needed files but wont touch your data/images etc. However if it was indeed your antivirus removing files the same thing will just happen again, so that is where you should really look first.

Thank you so much Neil9000. Restoring the file in Norton did the trick.  Took 2 minutes to find and restore.  I also made the adjustment in Norton settings to allow future updates.

Thanks Again !

• Like 1