LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox?????

Coop1960

I'm not sure I understand Bigbox. I am using Launchbox premium and I have gotten pretty good with it. After watching a few YouTube videos, I still don't know what to do to run Bigbox. Is this another loader within Launchbox? Is it something I need to build? I just need a push in the right direction. I have tried launching it from within the Launchbox folder using the application icon but nothing happens.

Thanks in advance

I have tried everything I can think of so far. I have checked all of my Norton settings and they don't seem to be the problem. If I try to launch Bigbox from within Launchbox, it closes Launchbox and that's it. when I try to launch  BigBox from within the Launchbox folder, nothing happens at all. 

Any more suggestions???

5 minutes ago, Coop1960 said:

I have checked all of my Norton settings and they don't seem to be the problem.

You said you checked settings, but did you check the actual list of files Norton quarantined? I do not use Norton but there should be an menu option that will let you see quarantine history. You need to see if Norton already removed the BigBox.dll.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

You said you checked settings, but did you check the actual list of files Norton quarantined? I do not use Norton but there should be an menu option that will let you see quarantine history. You need to see if Norton already removed the BigBox.dll.

Yes, I checked them. Neither Bigbox or Launchbox were on them.

30 minutes ago, Coop1960 said:

I was wondering if I should delete and reinstall? do you think that would help?

You could simply run the last version you installed over top of the existing one and see if that helps. Look in your \Launchbox\Updates folder. Or try a fresh install in a completely different folder and see if BigBox opens.