LaunchBox Community Forums

Major Havoc problems with vector

nollerd2

This post is for those having problems with not being able to see the enemy fire coming at you and the maze lines missing. It seems that the newer versions of mame that came after 0.173 broke something in the code so if you want to see everything properly what I did is install the 0.173 Mame and add it to the launchbox emulators so that I could assign the 0.173 emulator to major havoc. I also had to edit the vector file in the Mame64\ini\presets folder  changing the beam_width_max to   1.38

Hope this helps someone out there :)

Hey Neil, the picture you are showing above looks good, but when the fish fly at you and are firing their shots, you don't see the fire sometimes and the screen where you fly through a maze, the maze disappears. I was running the latest MAME and also tried 0.180 (which is what i use for qbert and the games that use  the samples for Votrax speak synthesizer which MAMEs emulation hasn't perfected yet), but even that one didn't display it properly. I read somewhere that something broke in MAME after 0.173 that affected Major Havoc so I now use 0.173 to play Major Havoc.

Edited by nollerd2