LaunchBox Community Forums

Show Favorites On BigBox Launch

lkiug

Hello all,

I really like the software so far, but was hoping there is a solution to this use case.

There are too many games.  Showing all of the games is overwhelming for new users.  I would like to keep all of the games in BigBox, but when BigBox starts, I would like to show a curated list of games.

I was hoping that I could automatically open my curated playlist when BigBox starts, but it looks like that is not possible.   Looks like it's also not possible to open Favorites on start.

Then, if someone really wants to look at all of the games, they can exit the playlist or list of favorites and browse all of the games.

Is there anything that I'm missing to show a curated list of games when BigBox starts?

I dont know if this can help but I have created a playlist with my favourites that appears together with the other platform category when I launch BB

So, when I start BB I have:

-Arcade

-Consoles

-Computers 

-Handhelds

-My Favourites

-Others collection that I want to use

Few voices, I dont know if you can set one specific voice at start

7 hours ago, lkiug said:

Hello all,

I really like the software so far, but was hoping there is a solution to this use case.

There are too many games.  Showing all of the games is overwhelming for new users.  I would like to keep all of the games in BigBox, but when BigBox starts, I would like to show a curated list of games.

I was hoping that I could automatically open my curated playlist when BigBox starts, but it looks like that is not possible.   Looks like it's also not possible to open Favorites on start.

Then, if someone really wants to look at all of the games, they can exit the playlist or list of favorites and browse all of the games.

Is there anything that I'm missing to show a curated list of games when BigBox starts?

You cannot launch directly into Favorites or even start directly inside a single platform. You can create a favorites playlist and then set BB Startup view to be "Playlists" and then when BB starts they will only see the "Favorites" playlist to choose. 

You could also set BB to start in All Games view and set your Favorites to start at the top of the list. Neither of these are a clean option, but for now you cannot do exactly what you are looking for.

• Like 1