LaunchBox Community Forums

Fanart - Carts?

Fabricio

Hi guys, i see some moderation requestd to change a "Cart - Front" image to a "Fanart Cart - Front" image. Image like that Final Fantasy cart that i upload in this topic.

I don't remember the real reason, but is somthing like "the image use template".

Ok. This image use a template, everyone know this, but almost Cart images and Disc images use templates. I think is hard to create a transparent PNG cart image or Disc Image without a template.

So, we must change almost Cart and Disc images in Database to Fanarts?

I think Fanart Carts and Disc are used when the image are fake image, or when the game doesn't have a cart or disc and the image are user created.

8a559bb5-1880-4cfd-bfea-0d4e3d2a738e.png

Please read this thread below (it's not an old thread, you could actually have posted there before making a new thread about the same kind of topic), there's been quite a lot of discussion about this and the reasoning is good - so let's PLEASE not go back and forth on the database and rather keep to the image tags as they are mentioned and explained:

Edited by kurzih

11 minutes ago, kurzih said:

Please read this thread below (it's not an old thread, you could actually have posted there before making a new thread about the same kind of topic), there's been quite a lot of discussion about this and the reasoning is good - so let's PLEASE not go back and forth on the database and rather keep to the image tags as they are mentioned and explained:

Sorry for create a topic without read the old (not too old) one. But, now i understand why about Fanart in SNES database.

Sorry again!

• Game On 1