LaunchBox Community Forums

Use Android tablet or phone as second screen

drphobus

just added a Feature request on bitbucket

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/5670/feature-request-use-android-tablet-or

Here below is my bitbucket request 

Now that a android version of Launchbox is no longer on the cards, would it be possible to use the android screen as a second screen. I have used a tablet as a remote desktop in the past as well as a remote control for pc based music software,so might be possible. It would be a shame to let all that programming knowledge from the android version of launchbox go to waste. And as most people have a smartphone or tablet it would be unique and I think well appreciated.

would like other thoughts on the idea. So far it has no votes on bitbucket but i think that if it can be done it will make a great addition to cp wizard.To be honest i don't know if it's achievable.

Edited by drphobus
make text white and add bitbucket link

• 3 months later...
23 hours ago, fletcher207 said:
What is a good drawing tablet for graphic designing?

There is no single, absolute answer to this question.

There are many factors that have to be taken into account in order to answer it.

The simplest answer is this: "The best tablet for graphic design is the one that's best FOR YOU AND YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES."

Factors that might count...

1. Budget.

Do you have a lot of money to spend? Buy the most expensive machine you can afford. This might be an iPad. And it might be a 27" Wacom Cintiq (with a highly pumped up gaming computer to drive your software as fast as possible).

I have a simple rule for myself when buying technology... If I can cover the purchase price in one or two invoices to my clients, then I can afford it. It's a simple matter of generating the extra work.

2. Portability vs Fixed Location.

I use a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 at the moment. I used to use a Fujitsu T901 tablet pc. Before that, an Asus tablet pc. And before that, a Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

In my line of work -- visual facilitation, where I go to conferences and client powwows, and draw what they're saying -- my tablet, and everything else that goes along with it, has to be able to fit into a bag that I can take with me into any airplane as hand luggage.

You might have a different set of needs. If you need portability, you'll find that the best tablet is a portable one. If you're stuck at a desk, a giant tablet would suit you best.

3. The software you want to run on your machine.

I use Photoshop CC2015 for my drawings, and Premiere Pro for video production. For my needs, the top-of-the-range Companion 2 works perfectly.

However, I know people who use BRUSHES on their iPad to sketchnote meetings.

If you need high-end software, you'll also need high-end hardware.

---

In conclusion, work out what factors are important to you. Then choose the most expensive, most highly specced machine you can afford.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok found a solution 

I just wanted to use my tablet as a marrquee screen, (in my case this is a android a7)

I found a programe called Spacedesk 

to use

run a windows driver and a app ( android or ios ) also works with phones

then just enable marrquee in big box options.  Will probberly  do custom banners to show controls  or notes to bypass game protections, maps or loading commands etc. ( more for computers than consoles).

This would be nice if this was a baked in option, but have no idea how complicated this would be. Just thinking it must be more simple than launchbox for android and would be a unique feature that no other front end has.

one last point not everyone has a second monitor but most people  have a smart phone. so when dealing with so meny games a contextual quick reference guide  would be most helpfull.

Am i alone in this view  or am i not explaning it in text as is in my head.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...