LaunchBox Community Forums

Changing an emulator

Coop1960

I have installed a mame rom set 220 in LB and I am using Mame64 225. the games aren't starting from LB. When I click on them, It looks like the emulator is starting (screen goes black) but then my game choices window comes back on and nothing. I ran Mame64 on its own and loaded a game directly into it and it played. Is there something else I need to do? Also, Can I use a controller in Mame? I did not see a configuration for it.

BTW, I was able to start the game I loaded directly into Mame64 using LB but I had to use the keyboard to play.

Thanks in advance.

Just now, Coop1960 said:

I have installed a mame rom set 220 in LB and I am using Mame64 225. the games aren't starting from LB. When I click on them, It looks like the emulator is starting (screen goes black) but then my game choices window comes back on and nothing. I ran Mame64 on its own and loaded a game directly into it and it played. Is there something else I need to do? Also, Can I use a controller in Mame? I did not see a configuration for it.

BTW, I was able to start the game I loaded directly into Mame64 using LB but I had to use the keyboard to play.

Thanks in advance.

MAME supports controllers but they need setting up in the TAB menu. If you are using a new version of the emulator have you given it your rom path? It cant load games if it doesnt no where they are.