LaunchBox Community Forums

Second Monitor for game info and art?

ChaosChaos

I would like to have a second monitor display related game art (box? cart? Fanart?) and of course game info instead of just the marquee graphic.

Is there already a theme/mod that does this or am I going to have to take a dive into design? I cannot imagine this has not been done yet. 

I am using stock Bigbox.

Thank you in advance for any direction you may point me.

1 hour ago, ChaosChaos said:

I would like to have a second monitor display related game art (box? cart? Fanart?) and of course game info instead of just the marquee graphic.

Is there already a theme/mod that does this or am I going to have to take a dive into design? I cannot imagine this has not been done yet. 

I am using stock Bigbox.

Thank you in advance for any direction you may point me.

There is not one. But it can be done. You would need to edit the GameMarqueeView.xaml. If a theme does not have that view you can copy the one in the Default theme and put it in the theme you want and edit it.

Here is an example of one I made for a friends cabinet. Uses static marquee background in the top marquee image per platform and the game clear logo changes. Shows platform default or game specific control maps and then game notes. He uses a 16:9 screen on top of his cab for a marquee display to be able to show more details, but you could easily do something with a stretched/cut led screen size.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 6.18.37 AM.png

1 minute ago, patrickfx said:

Interesting ... I follow this, Indeed it is not my main focus right now but this could become interesting, specifically for marquee video.  But I think fanart is related to that, if i do not misleading things ...

Videos can be made to work but the performance in BigBox with everything else going on is not the best. It takes a plugin to get it working good, so it will maybe something the team adds when they are able to get marquee support updated. Personally I got rid of video marquees as it was just to much going on. 

34 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Videos can be made to work but the performance in BigBox with everything else going on is not the best. It takes a plugin to get it working good, so it will maybe something the team adds when they are able to get marquee support updated. Personally I got rid of video marquees as it was just to much going on. 

Oh! I see, make sense.  I will then concentrate back to more basic stuff :). I rebuild my software probably every 5 years...I'm in that now ... LB , BB is fantastic but i may say it is. up and running at 95% in 10 minutes...but the last 5 % will take you couple of days :)