LaunchBox Community Forums

Game & Watch - gw-libretro

DeadVoivod

9 minutes ago, DeadVoivod said:

Yeah, just tested, lots of them don't run and give an error message.

Problem is that I don't wanna use 3-4 different MAME versions. I have my favorite MAME set working fine in .210 and I don't wanna mess around with it. 

Well if you do not want to mess with your .210 set then stick to using .210 version of Mame.

Why would you need 3-4 different Mame versions?

If you download a Mame rom set that matches the Mame version that means all games marked as working for that version work. It is very rare a game working in a prior version stops working in a new one. More often they still work and new working roms are added. In all the years of doing emulation I have never had more than one Mame version at a time.

I installed .220 now and get an invalid BIOS error message when running the games. 

I can stick with my .210 version of MAME, but I don't have the whole set anymore, just my favorites. I usually update every 5th new  release of MAME, thus deleting the old. That's why at the moment .220 is the set I have, and not anymore the .210

Can't remember where I got the nonag version from anymore, do you know the link? I use the MAMEUI version.

Edited by DeadVoivod

4 hours ago, WheatPasta said:

Here are some automated builds from GitHub of a few RetroArch cores. Once of which is Game & Watch. I believe you can just drop it in your RetroArch cores directory, and then it should be select-able in the drop down list under Associated Platforms. I hope that gets you able to play them.

That is exactly what I needed, works flawlessly. Thank you very much my man!!

• Like 1