LaunchBox Community Forums

Changing artwork without deleting assets?

klepp0906

So I just want to check on this before I put in a feature request.

I have some titles, PS1 titles for example that have 2 types of box front.   Neither are incorrect.   One is the old style when PSX games came in the tall boxes, and one is the newer version where it is more square. 

For whatever reason launchbox is defaulting to the tall boxes.  this puts me in a position of needing to delete them in order to show the square boxes.  Thats fine, temporarily.   Upon doing a "update metadata & media" scan which one tends to do from time to time, poof - its pulled back down and mucks up the uniformity again.

It also presents an issue for people who want both styles but want to choose which is displayed.

What im proposing/hoping for is basically when you open the edit images dialogue that allows you to pan through, you can pan to the one you want to actually display (if it fits your filters - in my case, box-front) and have THAT be whats chosen to display.  Or even a little check box for the chosen one.

In my case, does not seem to be the way its functioning.  If i do it enough times, it will eventually update but its definitely not consistent and seeing as i havent touched psx in some time and i have a bunch of tall ones again - it certainly reverts. 

Edited by klepp0906

If you have multiple images for the same type of image in the same folder LB does not save a default favorite. For example if you had a box front image for the same game in the same folder named "Your Game Name-01.jpg" and "Your Game Name-02.jpg". LB will randomize the ones it shows.

What LB will prioritize is a region specific setting. So if you have a box front image in the main box Front folder and one in a region sub-folder and that region was your specified priority LB would always shows the region image first.

If you go to our bitbucket site you will probably already find this as a feature request.

Just now, Retro808 said:

If you have multiple images for the same type of image in the same folder LB does not save a default favorite. For example if you had a box front image for the same game in the same folder named "Your Game Name-01.jpg" and "Your Game Name-02.jpg". LB will randomize the ones it shows.

What LB will prioritize is a region specific setting. So if you have a box front image in the main box Front folder and one in a region sub-folder and that region was your specified priority LB would always shows the region image first.

If you go to our bitbucket site you will probably already find this as a feature request.

yea, the problem comes when they're both the same region.  I'll have to dig around the bitbucket site.  Save from putting in a double which im sure the team gets plenty of :P