LaunchBox Community Forums

How to Show Game Title without version number

aceuk

How can I remove the version number being displayed so it only shows game title. 

In my 2 pics the first one is with "show versions" UNCHECKED . The second is with "show versions" CHECKED

If I click on edit and remove the version info in title (not changing the file name) then search metadata and download images the game disappears from display.

Should the games be in there own folder.

Show Version 1.jpg

Show Version 2.jpg

2 hours ago, aceuk said:

How can I remove the version number being displayed so it only shows game title. 

In my 2 pics the first one is with "show versions" UNCHECKED . The second is with "show versions" CHECKED

If I click on edit and remove the version info in title (not changing the file name) then search metadata and download images the game disappears from display.

Should the games be in there own folder.

Show Version 1.jpg

Show Version 2.jpg

You have two different issues here. First to the versions they show because the roms are poorly named and that is what the title is to Launchbox. Any extra info that isnt the game name should be in brackets, this includes versions, regions etc. The way your roms are named the extra info, in this case versions is taken as part of the game name, this is also partly why you have no metadata or images for those games.

Secondly, another reason you have no metadata or images is because even the game names are poorly named with no spaces. So you have "BattleChess v1.0 CD32" that is never going to scrape correctly as there is no game with that name. To correctly import and scrape in Launchbox that file should be named "Battle Chess (v1.0) (CD32)" that way the extra info is ignored in the name for the import process, and the actual game name is two words as it should be.

1 minute ago, aceuk said:

OK - the "hide games missing videos" was checked, cleared this and they appeared. I did not think this would matter as the game was not missing.

That option hides games that have no videos, and you wont have any for roms that poorly named, so yes they would of all been hidden if "hide games missing videos" was checked, as none of your games have any metadata or images/videos at all due to the poor naming explained above.