LaunchBox Community Forums

Sizing of "clear logos"

lildivaaa

As I'm going through refining my BigBox setup, I've been keeping my marquees at specific dimensions (ex. 1920x540) for my marquee display. But I starting thinking about the "Clear Logos" for wheels, as well.

Is there a standardized dimension for "clear logos" that LaunchBox/BigBox recommends using for best results?

Thanks for any input.

12 minutes ago, lildivaaa said:

As I'm going through refining my BigBox setup, I've been keeping my marquees at specific dimensions (ex. 1920x540) for my marquee display. But I starting thinking about the "Clear Logos" for wheels, as well.

Is there a standardized dimension for "clear logos" that LaunchBox/BigBox recommends using for best results?

Thanks for any input.

Launchbox will resize the images so that they are all the same size. So it really depends on if you value disk space or image quality.

10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Launchbox will resize the images so that they are all the same size. So it really depends on if you value disk space or image quality.

I understand that, and thank you for your reply. I think what I'm trying to get at is...even knowing that Launchbox will resize any image so they're all the same...I'm looking to see if there's more of a common size for the clear logos. My thinking is that if you use a logo that's too small and Launchbox blows it up to size correctly along with the rest of the logos...then that smaller logo will loose some of it's resolution and won't be as sharp an image.

So, that's why I'm trying to find out.

I don't use clear logo's on game wheels. But I do use them on the games details page, and of course platform / system logo's. The problem with clear logo's is that they can have different shapes. Some are wide or tall, others are square. The problem, I found, was that the options menu on the details page shifts depending on the shape of the logo. (regardless of the resolution.) For me the only solution for a uniform look was resizing and scaling them all to have a uniform shape and resolution. I (arbitrarily) settled on 1100 x 600. That means I searched for higher resolutions for some logos, while most of the time adding some transparent canvas to the height or width to get that uniformity. I think I have done a 1000 logo's. It was a tedious job, but the result was worth it.