LaunchBox Community Forums

Control panel buttons.

z0x

Hi.

Which "admin" buttons are necessary on a control panel. I have 2 pre-drilled holes in my panel that I have to fill with buttons. but need advice what to tie to them? I have "play" - (enter / p) and "exit" - (esc) "coin" and "start" However, I have 2 empty holes for 2 more "admin" buttons. I know you can use a hotkey etc, but I already have the holes drilled and have to fill them. so do you have any good advice on which buttons you can use in the big box? Very grateful for answers from you who have an arcade cabinet.

Not so much a suggestion, but the 5 'admin' buttons I have on cab across the top are:

P[layer]1-Start,       P1-Coin,      Pause/Play,      P2-Coin,      P2-Start
    White                    Green            Red                   Green         White

Player1-Start is the HotKey (aka Shift-Key).  So for Enter, it's P1-Start + P1-Coin.  And for Escape, it's P1-Start + Pause/Play.image.png.9768bb1383165e179d9e68ac209b3438.pngAs you can see, Player-1 Start gets pressed a lot (the little dude is warn off).  

If you're using an I-PAC encoder (others may be similar), the corresponding keyboard letter/numbers are (1, 5, P, 6, 2):image.png.720f2109cadf235d0e012e72351393e5.png

Here's the whole thing.image.thumb.png.74f4f73c95a8d8d06d59ce658fe8d3b9.png1, 2, and 3, below the right joystick are Left/Middle/Right mouse button clicks.

For me, all I need for (use in) BigBox is Select and Back which is set to P1-Start and Pause/Play. Respectively.  Well... and of course they left joystick for up/down/left/right.