LaunchBox Community Forums

Need help RetroArch/Launchbox Final Burn Alpha

J2chulo

Hello everybody I’m new to the forum. I recently downloaded and purchased Launchbox/Bigbox I was using a retropie but want something better for my arcade1up. I installed RetroArch following few tutorial I have seeing on youtube from ETA PRIME and Unbroken Software. To make the story short RetroArch keep on crashing when trying to load Final burn Alpha 2012 or 2012 Neo Geo.  Please look at the video on the link Click here to see my video on YouTube

I didn't watch your entire video but right away I saw a problem and hopefully this fixes it for you.

In your Edit Emulator screen for Retroarch you have 2 boxes checked that shouldn't be, Don't Use Quotes and Use File Name Only.screenshot_394.thumb.jpg.4e65e2c4b0b65cf6fba8ac92466201e8.jpgscreenshot_395.thumb.jpg.3ab840416fc9ff6487c0549cad7bb692.jpgI use the FBNeo core but I have a newer rom set that is compatible with it. Try unchecking the boxes in the Edit Emulator window and see if that works for you.

18 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

I didn't watch your entire video but right away I saw a problem and hopefully this fixes it for you.

In your Edit Emulator screen for Retroarch you have 2 boxes checked that shouldn't be, Don't Use Quotes and Use File Name Only.screenshot_394.thumb.jpg.4e65e2c4b0b65cf6fba8ac92466201e8.jpgscreenshot_395.thumb.jpg.3ab840416fc9ff6487c0549cad7bb692.jpgI use the FBNeo core but I have a newer rom set that is compatible with it. Try unchecking the boxes in the Edit Emulator window and see if that works for you.

Thank you for your quick reply. I will try removing the quote. Also will uncheck the two boxes you mentioned first. If I uncheck the boxes in the the Emulator window isn’t that check to tell Launchbox to use that core for the specific Emulator ? I will try that as well. But check the video because the big problem is RetroArch crashing. By the way FBneo will load the games but I get black screen when I use that core. I believe FBNeo may be an old core foe old roms. Not sure about this tho. 

FBNeo is the newer core based off FBAlpha, the devs of it split off recently because the guy who maintained it licensed it out to the makers of the Capcom arcade stick. The actual devs we're pissed off about this and forked off. 

22 minutes ago, J2chulo said:

If I uncheck the boxes in the the Emulator window isn’t that check to tell Launchbox to use that core for the specific Emulator ?

Just untick the 2 boxes in the Edit Emulator window.

26 minutes ago, J2chulo said:

But check the video because the big problem is RetroArch crashing.

I can't help you with that.

5 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

FBNeo is the newer core based off FBAlpha, the devs of it split off recently because the guy who maintained it licensed it out to the makers of the Capcom arcade stick. The actual devs we're pissed off about this and forked off. 

Just untick the 2 boxes in the Edit Emulator window.

I can't help you with that.

I appreciate your help and I will be trying your recommendations later when I get home. As per the cores, if FBNeo is the newest core what roms version does it run?  Can you tell me what rom version you are have?