LaunchBox Community Forums

Disable Battery icon in Switch Theme

Flickstiq

Hi all, I'm new to BigBox themes and I'm working on a small adjustment to an existing theme. I'm using the Switch Theme by Grila and I really like the overall look. There is only one thing that I'd like to customize for my build. My console is a dedicated living room computer without a battery. So it's always plugged into my TV. This Switch theme shows a battery icon in the top right corner, and that doesn't really make sense in this context. I've figured out that Grila added the battery through a plugin, but that's about as far as I've gotten. I'd like to remove it from the theme so that it fits more into the living-room console context. Can anyone point me towards what I need to adjust to remove it?

Edited by Flickstiq

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

If you edit the xml files for the views you are using in the theme there should be a line of code with a viewbox containing GrillaBatteryIndicator text. You should be able to delete that line of code. Backup the xaml files first in case something messes up. 

Thank you for this info! I was able to find it just like you said and remove it. There was only one instance of the GrillaBatteryIndicator text in that XML file. And it's gone! Thank you