LaunchBox Community Forums

Old ROMS no longer loading / playable

Lovespicyfood

I have several ROMs that no longer load.  When I select them, it goes to the loading screen and then reverts to the selection screen.

I have tried different versions of Mame as the emulator.  I have "reloaded" the ROM pathway.  In some instances I have replaced the ROM to no avail.

I don't understand why a lot of my ROMs have suddenly stopped working when they worked perfectly before.  The only thing I have changed is upgrading LaunchBox to the latest version.

Could you give me some direction on how I might fix this?  I really want to play Centipede and only Millipede works now.  ;)

Is this only affecting certain roms or all of them?

If all, how old is the Mame version you are using? It could be if it is old the command line -keyboardprovider dinput is causing the issue.

Edit your Mame setup in Launchbox and in the details tab delete the line below form the default command line parameters box and test.

-keyboardprovider dinput

I really appreciate your help!

It is affecting a lot of my ROMs, but most are working.  I've been concentrating on Centipede as it used to work but no longer does.  I know Missile Command no longer works either.

I'm using Mame 1.38 or Mame 1.89, neither works.  I deleted that command line and no change.

It's the oddest thing, I don't understand what could have changed?