LaunchBox Community Forums

Epic Games Battlefront import

BZZ

All my Epic games seem to import correctly. Except StarWars Battlefront 2 - that was the free game this (past now) week. Does anyone have this problem? I tried on 11.8 and now on 11.9-beta-2 with no luck. Is it an API problem or something else ?

12 hours ago, BZZ said:

All my Epic games seem to import correctly. Except StarWars Battlefront 2 - that was the free game this (past now) week. Does anyone have this problem? I tried on 11.8 and now on 11.9-beta-2 with no luck. Is it an API problem or something else ?

This is technically a Origin store game and not a Epic one. I know it was claimed from Epic as i have it also, but it was installed in the Origin client and not the Epic client. It's up to Epic themselves if they add games to there own API list, they often omit Ubisoft games also.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

This is technically a Origin store game and not a Epic one. I know it was claimed from Epic as i have it also, but it was installed in the Origin client and not the Epic client. It's up to Epic themselves if they add games to there own API list, they often omit Ubisoft games also.

Indeed. did they not have it in their own API? And if Origin is where it goes why does it not important from Origin either? One more thing is that it lists in Epic library as 1st game and not alphabrtically as the rest. Is there a symbol or space there that they messed up? Is Launchbox omiting this due to that space? Or is it something else? 

11 minutes ago, BZZ said:

And if Origin is where it goes why does it not important from Origin either?

It does import from the Origin importer.

image.thumb.png.df774371b8dd9a17d0439188e7044bc0.pngIt's simply not been added as a game to Epic's API, so is impossible for us to scrape it. It's actually a weird case as it downloads in Origin, but if you launch it from Origin it needs to launch the Epic store, and likewise if you launch it from the Epic store, it still has to launch Origin, so you always need two clients open, which is the first time i have seen that.

18 minutes ago, BZZ said:

One more thing is that it lists in Epic library as 1st game and not alphabrtically as the rest. Is there a symbol or space there that they messed up? Is Launchbox omiting this due to that space? Or is it something else? 

It shows under the S section in my Epic client, as it should do.

image.thumb.png.18efcbfd072fb8bd8d167687201fc73f.png