LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with visual c + +

jefferrrarrri

Im stressed out of my fucking mind. Everytime i go to install launchbox it says i need to install visual c ++ redistributable...i already have it installed. Problem is my pc for the arcade has no internet connection, so i download and transfer the visual c + + to my arcade pc and installed it, everythings in, but launchbox install still saying i need to download and install visual c + + ....so now i just paid for big box and i cant even use it on my arcade pc because this issue im having im stressed out

Same here i cannot install updates offline. this has been going on for awhile now. The only way around it is go online or share the whole Launchbox file with a computer online and update from the shared folder on that computer. I think around Ver 11.0 it started breaking offline installs. SIMPLE FIX when i Click NO to download and install C++ 2015 Redistributable witch is already installed ..  Just install Launchbox anyway. Also i it crashes with just C++ 2015 Redistributable installed. i need to install C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable to get it to Launch.

Edited by DaveChase

• 2 years later...
On 1/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, Jason Carr said:

Offline installs should work fine if *and only if* you have all the necessary operating system components installed already. Otherwise, it does need to download them.

If you're missing the C++ runtime, here is the one that you need to install:

http://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

WORKED FOR ME 100%

THANK YOU!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Guys I don't know if this solution works, but there is a newer version I already have and probably other software needs it.
LaunchBox should use latest too!

The download above is for Visual C++ 2015-2019 14.29.30139, when I already have Visual C++ 2015-2022 14.36.32532!
There should be a way to skip this part!