LaunchBox Community Forums

Manually added games disappear

jfree427

So I added Streets of Rage 4 and Street Fighter IV (steam) to my "arcade" platform via the Launchbox UI.  They play fine.  However they have disappeared from my list.  I readded a second time and the next day it is gone again.  Sure enough they aren't in my arcade.xml any longer.

I'm definitely not deleting them myself.  Any idea how why this is happening?

That Arcade - Copy.xml and the MAME - Copy.xml is your issue. LB will try to read that as well. You cannot create any other files in this folder with a platform's name in it. This is why LB does its backup in a separate folder. Remove those files with copy in the name. There can only be one file in there with a platform's name in it. Even if you rename it slightly.

39 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

That Arcade - Copy.xml and the MAME - Copy.xml is your issue. LB will try to read that as well. You cannot create any other files in this folder with a platform's name in it. This is why LB does its backup in a separate folder. Remove those files with copy in the name. There can only be one file in there with a platform's name in it. Even if you rename it slightly.

Ahh, thanks for the info!  I'll clean this up... Thanks again.