LaunchBox Community Forums

Getting Duckstation To Close Properly In LB/BB

Cnells2000

Hey Guys. Trying to figure why when im closing duckstation emulator the UI still remains. i used the exe duckstation-sdl-x64-ReleaseLTCG but the ui still stays open. my guess is that this emulator has two exes.

I Tried to made a .bat (I Put it in the additional apps section) to close the UI upon Exiting but its not closing it. Im Trying to get the proper name of the UI  .exe whatever it is because apparently its not duckstation-qt-x64-ReleaseLTCG or duckstation-sdl-x64-ReleaseLTCG. So its that or either a proper AHK script to close it successfully.

This is the .bat script line i used but i was unsuccessful

taskkill /im duckstation 0.1-3019-g3c2b11fc (Master).exe

This One Failed too...

taskkill /im duckstation-sdl-x64-ReleaseLTCG.exe

And This one...

taskkill /im duckstation-qt-x64-ReleaseLTCG.exe

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Cnells2000
added screenshot

6 minutes ago, zugswang said:

This is already setup in the emulator in LB already.

I use qt version and it exits fine with the following:

Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}

I pasted this in the running and exit autoscript section each (Not both at once) just to test and it still same as video above. not even with qt.

Untitled.jpg

27 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Just put it in the exit tab

Didnt work in the exit tab, but i updated the program, used QT and used this script in the running autohotkey section and it worked. Exits smoothly now.

$Esc::
{
}

; Project64 has a messy exit process; this ensures that it exits cleanly

Edited by Cnells2000
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I found another way to close Duckstation if you want to use the qt version (duckstation-qt-x64-ReleaseLTCG.exe) of DuckStation. Go to LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > DuckStation  and add " -batch " as a command-line parameter.

-batch: Enables batch mode (exits after powering off). This closes DuckStation with just the Escape key, no AutoHotKey script needed.

1071987486_Schermopname(74).thumb.jpg.1505b53147d40343826b867c3cfd5f4c.jpg

If you want to know more command-line parameters open DuckStation in a command window with the -help parameter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, zugswang said:

Use the qt version of Duckstation

Can I ask why? I must admit I have no deep knowledge about DuckStation. I even installed it this morning. But other than the qt version using a Qt gui and the nogui version using no gui, what would be the difference? Why would you recommend the Qt version over the nogui version? 

• 8 months later...
On 2/21/2021 at 1:14 PM, Koroth said:

The easiest way to prevent this is to set the "duckstation-nogui-x64-ReleaseLTCG.exe" as the emulator executable.

638050476_Schermopname(72).thumb.jpg.afb51ef0a2cd992c056a9ffe5d14db25.jpg

Then in the "Running AutoHotKey Script" tab copy and past:

$Esc::
{
WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

821818661_Schermopname(73).thumb.jpg.4c1faf828bda10345db9a702fb61bdba.jpg

thankyou very much

• 2 years later...
On 2/20/2021 at 11:36 PM, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

I found another way to close Duckstation if you want to use the qt version (duckstation-qt-x64-ReleaseLTCG.exe) of DuckStation. Go to LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > DuckStation  and add " -batch " as a command-line parameter.

-batch: Enables batch mode (exits after powering off). This closes DuckStation with just the Escape key, no AutoHotKey script needed.

1071987486_Schermopname(74).thumb.jpg.1505b53147d40343826b867c3cfd5f4c.jpg

If you want to know more command-line parameters open DuckStation in a command window with the -help parameter.

This worked for me. 

On 2/21/2021 at 3:08 AM, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

Can I ask why? I must admit I have no deep knowledge about DuckStation. I even installed it this morning. But other than the qt version using a Qt gui and the nogui version using no gui, what would be the difference? Why would you recommend the Qt version over the nogui version? 

I like being able to access the GUI outside of LB/BB.