LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box background blur option?

Madhead

I was wondering if you can change the blur amount on the backgrounds of Big Box like you can in Launch Box? It's just that some box art for some games are really low resolution (like some MSX games for example), and they look a bit shit blown up in the background. It would be nice to blur them a bit so it looks more seemless. I'm using the criticalzone theme in Big Box. Is there a value I can edit in some ini/xml file or whatever to change that?

4 hours ago, Madhead said:

I was wondering if you can change the blur amount on the backgrounds of Big Box like you can in Launch Box? It's just that some box art for some games are really low resolution (like some MSX games for example), and they look a bit shit blown up in the background. It would be nice to blur them a bit so it looks more seemless. I'm using the criticalzone theme in Big Box. Is there a value I can edit in some ini/xml file or whatever to change that?

You would have to add code to whatever theme you are using. Themes though as a rule dont show box art as the background, as that wont look very good a lot of the time. Id check your image priorities for backgrounds in Launchbox and make sure you dont have boxes at the top of that list, and therefore showing those before actual backgrounds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 12:27 PM, neil9000 said:

You would have to add code to whatever theme you are using. Themes though as a rule dont show box art as the background, as that wont look very good a lot of the time. Id check your image priorities for backgrounds in Launchbox and make sure you dont have boxes at the top of that list, and therefore showing those before actual backgrounds.

What do you think would be a better alternative? Gameplay Images may not look too hot either. Do you know how or where to add the code to blur the background images for bigbox themes? Thanks.