LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues starting Neogeo CD games through Launchbox

degetalwolf

I've been wrestling this for a few days now but I've hit a dead end and I figure now is the time to ask others to see if they've experienced similar issues with using NeoGeo CD though Launchbox.

So here's where I am:

• I'm using RetroArch and the FB Neo core. I have all the required BIOS for this in the right place.
  • After originally being unable to get things to start even in RA, I managed to finally get a game started last night by opening the FB Neo core in RA and then selecting the subsystem I want and essentially mounting the cue file for my game. This finally got it to work.
  • I went back to LB this morning, now knowing things were working. I point my game at the working cue file and try to launch and... RA doesn't even start.

To me it seems like it's not 'mounting' the game as it needs to RA. Is there some way of getting around this? Some setting in LB that I'm missing that will do this for me. Ideally I don't want to have to do this for every game, so I'm hoping someone has experienced this issue before.

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, degetalwolf said:

I've been wrestling this for a few days now but I've hit a dead end and I figure now is the time to ask others to see if they've experienced similar issues with using NeoGeo CD though Launchbox.

So here's where I am:

• I'm using RetroArch and the FB Neo core. I have all the required BIOS for this in the right place.
  • After originally being unable to get things to start even in RA, I managed to finally get a game started last night by opening the FB Neo core in RA and then selecting the subsystem I want and essentially mounting the cue file for my game. This finally got it to work.
  • I went back to LB this morning, now knowing things were working. I point my game at the working cue file and try to launch and... RA doesn't even start.

To me it seems like it's not 'mounting' the game as it needs to RA. Is there some way of getting around this? Some setting in LB that I'm missing that will do this for me. Ideally I don't want to have to do this for every game, so I'm hoping someone has experienced this issue before.

Cheers!

Have you added this platform to the associated platforms list for your Retroarch emulator entry, it is not there by default and without it Launchbox does not know which core to use for the platform?

7 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Have you added this platform to the associated platforms list for your Retroarch emulator entry, it is not there by default and without it Launchbox does not know which core to use for the platform?

I believe so - fbneo_libretro is the correct one I believe?

image.thumb.png.03165338246869c3870ded4363cb4b6f.png

Just now, degetalwolf said:

I believe so - fbneo_libretro is the correct one I believe?

image.thumb.png.03165338246869c3870ded4363cb4b6f.png

OK, and is that EXACTLY what you called the platform when you imported it to Launchbox as it shows in the left sidebar? Those have to match exactly, it's even case sensitive. Other than that i can't help as its not a platform i emulate personally, but i do know many people have it working just fine in Launchbox.

I think so - though now I'm doubting myself somewhat. So I've removed my working game from LB and reimported it, ensuring the name matches exactly what it states in my screenshot above (SNK Neo Geo CD), and it's still not loading. 

Thanks for your help anyway - I'm sure I'm doing something daft, just not sure what it is!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - Has anyone had success getting Neo Geo Cd via FB Neo working in Launchbox without using RetroArch? I have Neo Geo AES working just fine via FB Neo within Launchbox, but having trouble getting CD to work.

I've can successful run my bin/cue in FB Neo, but when I load into Launchbox, I get an error (example for 3 Count bout)

'3 is not supported by FinalBurn Neo'

If in Launchbox, I uncheck "Don't use quotes ...", i get the same error but the entire file name (or at least what can fit in the pop up box).

I know people have used Mame/MESS or with RetroArch, but I was hoping to get it working with just using FB Neo.

Thoughts?

Thanks!