LaunchBox Community Forums

Parent missing

Hads

16 minutes ago, Hads said:

Yes they are in mame rom folder and used wizard to install and they are all there just says parent is missing

What is saying parent missing, i assume MAME itself? Because if so it means exactly what it says, either the path MAME is looking for your roms is wrong, or your romset is not in fact a fullset like you think it is. You say you have a non merged romset, what is the size of that folder?

They are all downloaded from pleasuredome and non merged is 125gb 

the only thing i see different was it gave me the option to move the files or copy files to games folder but it didnt this time and im assuming cause it would double the 700 gb or roms in the mame folder

Just now, Hads said:

the only thing i see different was it gave me the option to move the files or copy files to games folder

The MAME fullset importer doesnt offer this option, sounds to me like you are using the standard rom importer? Use the MAME fullset importer, if that is what you have.

All my roms are in one folder in mame roms and the emulator is pointing at that folder and the chds are 550 gb the chds are in there and the non merged 125 gb and it dont have anything to do with launchbox cause when i open up just mame it does the same

Edited by Hads

17 minutes ago, Hads said:

All my roms are in one folder in mame roms and the emulator is pointing at that folder and the chds are 550 gb the chds are in there and the non merged 125 gb and it dont have anything to do with launchbox cause when i open up just mame it does the same

Are the roms loose in the MAME/roms folder, or are they inside another folder inside that? Cause that could be a issue, they should be loose in the roms folder, if they are in another folder in that folder then you need to point to that other folder.