LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to get Launchbox to handle Wii/GC games in RVZ format [SOLVED]

StealthCT

I'm having difficulty getting Launchbox to launch games stored in the RVZ format with a supported emulator (Dolphin, PrimeHack, etc.)

image.thumb.png.46015b0f9362735ffaa506d3c6ce9518.png

The command window shows a manual startup of the game, which works successfully. When the game is in ISO format, Launchbox can launch it successfully.

Is there no way of telling Launchbox to ignore file formats it doesn't recognize? It should be up to the user to configure LaunchBox as they see fit - LaunchBox doesn't need to know the format, it just needs to launch with the configured parameters.

Edited by StealthCT
Marking as solved

Just now, StealthCT said:

Is there no way of telling Launchbox to ignore file formats it doesn't recognize? It should be up to the user to configure LaunchBox as they see fit - LaunchBox doesn't need to know the forma

You are right, Launchbox doesnt need to know the format, and thats why it doesnt. Launchbox will accept absolutely any filetype you throw at it, as long as the emulator accepts that format, and it can be loaded via command-line it will work. That error in your image is actually coming from Dolphin, not Launchbox.

• Like 1

@neil9000 you are right, my apologies! When Launchbox imports multiple copies of a game (different regions, etc.) the settings for those are under the "Additional Apps" section of Launchbox:

image.thumb.png.ca5610974fcd21d8b755ee5c64673776.png

These have different launch parameters from the default Launchbox configuration for the game.

image.thumb.png.a1823c4f611249ea6e182793eb70bc84.pngimage.thumb.png.33e454e31f2875099732174762b2075a.png

The issue was the default was set to use "Dolphin" (my older build that doesn't support RVZ), whereas the "additional" I had correctly changed to use PrimeHack (newer build supporting RVZ)

Hopefully this thread is helpful to anyone who comes across this configuration quirk in future. Thanks for your help!

• StealthCT changed the title to Unable to get Launchbox to handle Wii/GC games in RVZ format [SOLVED]