LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME import advice

bobbymac746

Hello,

I have the following- MAME .228 CHD's  (approx 2.3 TB)     Mame .228 BIOS ,  and then Mame .228 Split and Mame .228 Merged.

I have had supposed full sets of Mame before, but never had any luck with CHD's being missing. 

I know I wouldn't use both the merged and the split.   Which one is better for Launchbox import?  And then my main question is :  Do combine the CHD, bios, and then whichever split/merged I  end up choosing all in one folder before Importing or is there something else I need to do so they all work?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Just now, bobbymac746 said:

I know I wouldn't use both the merged and the split.   Which one is better for Launchbox import? 

Neither is better, use whichever you like.

Do combine the CHD, bios, and then whichever split/merged I  end up choosing all in one folder before Importing or is there something else I need to do so they all work?

Launchbox doesnt need or do anything with those files at all, as long as you tell your MAME emulator there location that is all that is needed (same with your actual roms as well, MAME must know the location or they wont load from Launchbox).

Does the CHD have everything? If I import the CHD set do I even need to mess with the other two? Or do I still need to add one of the split/merged Roms in addition to the CHDs?

Like i said, you do not import the CHD's, just the split or merged romset, that is all. Just point MAME itself at the other files like CHD's, bios files are included in the romset, so you dont need a actual bios set. Re-reading your original post though, you say your CHD romset is 2,3TB, that isnt the CHD romset for arcade games, thats the software list CHD set, that has console and computer games, and is nothing to do with the arcade CHD set, which is around 550GB not 2.3TB. So if we are just talking arcade games here you downloaded the wrong CHD set, you have the software list set, not the arcade set.