LaunchBox Community Forums

xbox360 to xbox one controller change

bill

Hello, i recently got a wireless xbox one controller and had configured all emulators in launchbox to work with a 360 controller before.
Is there a simple way to add the xbox one controller without having to go to each emulator and adding it manually?

Just now, bill said:

Hello, i recently got a wireless xbox one controller and had configured all emulators in launchbox to work with a 360 controller before.
Is there a simple way to add the xbox one controller without having to go to each emulator and adding it manually?

It should just work as both are xinput.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

It should just work as both are xinput.

Hello, i just found out when i go play nintendo 64 games my xbox one controller works fine but when i play gameboy games it doesnt work.
One uses mupen emulator and the other retroarch. When i play games from within retroarch the controler works fine, when i play from launchbox it doesnt work. It works though on n64 games in launchbox.
Do you know why this is happening? So far it looks all other emulators recognize my xbox one controller from within launchbox, it's just retroarch that gives me problems.

Edited by bill

Wow, unbelievable! I remembered i had problems with dark souls games not recognizing either my 360 or x1 controllers and had to disable the HID compliant game controller in device manager.
I thought to give it a try here to see if that might be the problem and it was. After disabling both HID compliant game controllers in device manager now my retroarch recognizes my xbox one controller from within the launchbox app.

Do you know guys why this was the problem as all other emulators were working fine in launchbox, only retroarch was the problem and when running the games directly from retroarch there wasnt any problem.
Seems strange to me but i'm glad i found a fix.