LaunchBox Community Forums

List View - Dates are sorted alphabetically

chilidog

In launchbox, when using List View to look at games, you sort by clicking on the top bar rather than using the sort dropdown.

The problem is that with dates they are sorted alphabetically rather than by date.  Seems like it would be a small thing but it ends up being a particularly annoying issue for me as I mainly use list view and like to sort multiple ways to build playlists.

This does not seem to be an issue in images view or BigBox.

I posted an issue in bitbucket as well but have not seen any activity for a while, so just checking in here as well.  Anyone else have this issue?  Apologies if it is not OK to duplicate here and bitbucket.  Thanks for the help!

Photo of issue:

releasedate_example.thumb.PNG.ba5c86893feb2218d544cfc0cc7015e6.PNG

Updated your ticket but making a post here as well so others with the issue may be able to use it in the future. I cannot replicate this issue with the LB default themes. It would be possible if you are using a different theme for this to happen if the theme doesn't have the sort property set correctly however. Could you confirm what theme you are using in LaunchBox?

• Thanks 1

You are right - I am using the otherwise excellent lambda beta theme.  When I switch to default it works.  I didn't realize this kind of thing could be tied to the theme.  I suppose I should post on that theme's thread.  If it's just an XML thing I should be able to fix my own as well.

Thank you very much!

Evan